Selected in the champagne region this fructophilic strain is perfectly suited for all cider type productions even under difficult fementation conditions.
- Excellent settlement strength
- Broad fermentation temperature spectrum: 10-30°C
- Works at low pH: from 2.9
- Low nitrogen requirements: from 150ppm of Yeast Available Nitrogen - Very good assimilation of fructose
- Yield sugar/ alcohol: 16.3 g/L for 1% alc./vol.
- Maximum SO2 level recommended: 70mg/L
- Minimum turbidity level recommended: 50 NTU
Lalvin 71B is a wine yeast for nouveau-style wines. It was isolated by Pr. Maugenet’s team at the INRA (National Agricultural Research Institute) in Narbonne, France. Lalvin 71B is known...
Lalvin EC-1118 is the original ‘prise de mousse’. It was isolated in Champagne and its use is validated by the Comité Interprofessionnel du Vin de Champagne (CIVC). Its strong competitive...
Lalvin ICV-D47 is a Côtes du Rhône isolate for the production of complex whites with citrus and floral notes, and for full-bodied, barrel fermented Chardonnay and other white varietals. When...
Lalvin ICV K1-V1116 was initially isolated in 1972 by Pierre Barre of the INRA Montpellier. When fermented at low temperatures (below 16°C) and with the right addition of nutrients, Lalvin...